Sunday, April 24, 2011

I stole this idea too...


I stole another idea.  This time from digital scrapper Cindy Cort. I have to call it stealing not borrowing 'cause I'm not giving her idea back - I'm keeping it.  In fact, I'm keeping it AND sharing it with all of you.  I haven't even finished all these layouts but I wanted to get this great idea out to you.


With the previous stolen idea, I was cramming 36 photos on the page
Now it looks like a cut 1 photo into 64 squares. All it took was adding a "square punch" - zip zip making it into a long thin rectangle (a line) and replicating it a few times.  With MDS you can get things spaced evenly with a click click of your mouse.  I'm telling you gals - this is easy stuff!

By removing the photo and saving the lines I quickly made this
I haven't completed this layout - I'm thinking the title should be "wish this was me"....

and if your grid lines cross at "bad" point or you want to "feature" part of your photo - just move them off a bit like this...

OR
add more than one photo under your grid of lines (I changed the color of my lines too)

I think my "heavy" photo should go at the bottom and the light houses on top.  In MDS I can go back and change that in a few seconds to see if I like it better.  If you own this program you REALLY need to start playing with it.  There are some great videos and some great samples being shown at mydigitalstudio.net

Happy Chocolate Ears day to all of you!
I have to get back to finishing these pages...

5 comments:

slbt17 said...

you have me at the point where I think I need to go back to scrapbooking - really enjoying your pages!
Sandra ltb

Ellen Kemper said...

Thanks Sandra. Do it!

Loni said...

Is that the Lighthouse at Kilauea on Kauai?

Ellen Kemper said...

Yes Loni - it is.

Finished layout (with that info) coming soon!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I'm flattered snce I've been a stalker of your blog for quite a while!

Cindy Cort