Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Oh so simple....

Chocolate chip cookies are simple, basic and homey so I wanted my recipe card to reflect that.

Of course, I HAD to use chocolate chip paper!
And the cherry cobbler just shouts HOMEY and WARM to me so I put in a pinch of that.
The cookies wouldn't taste right without vanilla, right?  so I added a splash of that.
The blue paper was the back of the orange paper I used on yesterday's pumpkin bread post - that was chosen because it was handy.
And my printer was in a good mood today and printing quite nicely on crumb cake cardstock.

Cookies are 1.75 circle punch in crumb cake, sponged with chocolate chip ink and the "chips" were stamped with the eraser end of a pencil.

Simple, easy and yummy - just like the cookies!

Note: This recipe is not the one on the back of the chip bag - it is one that was on the back of the 6 oz chip bag YEARS ago.  And my secret to the best cookies is don't cook them too long.  My oven cooks a little cool and I like my chocolate chip cookies better than any other I've tasted.  Has to be the oven - can't possibly be anything I do!
For another cookie post look HERE
For another great cookie recipe look HERE and HERE  (Eileen's recipes - YUM)

2 comments:

Lisa Minckler said...

I absolutely love your blog and I wanted to share your talent and say thank you for the inspiration that you give to me! I am passing on to you the Stylish Blogger Award!! To accept and play along visit my blog for the details!!
www.minkimpressions.blogspot.com

You never cease to amaze me!! :)

Ellen Kemper said...

Lisa, Thank you very much for the award. I appreciate it.

However, I don't "do" blog awards cause it is just so hard to limit the blogs for the "pass it on" part.

Thanks for thinking of me!
hugs,