Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Birthday Balloon

Sometimes you see a card that appeals to you so much that you have to drop what you are doing and copy it.

This is HEAVILY based on Mary Fish's card found HERE.  I think Mary's card is AWESOME.  I'm not sure I like mine quite as much but I can't bring myself to do "exact" copies - where is the fun in that?

This uses the medium oval punch as a balloon - I punched two and put a dimensional between them.

In Mary's post she has a video of a punch trick sent in by Tracey (one of her blog readers) - I didn't use the trick on my card but it is VERY clever and easy (I tried it).  It will show up sometime in some punch art character 'cause that is what happens around here.

And the third punch thing to note is the clouds on my background are from the scallop circle.  Most if you know how to do this but just in case you don't...  Punch out a scallop oval.  Lay it on your paper (I tend to start at the top of my page) - Sponge a little bashful blue above the scallop oval.  Keep moving down and sponging, move and sponge keeping a little bit of white showing each time - Voila!  Cloud filled sky!

In case you don't recognize it - the balloon string is from the Hostess Set Playful Pieces.  I think you could draw a line by hand - if you try really really hard! (grin)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i think i like yours better ellen :p