Friday, October 15, 2010

Ebenezer

Someone (can't remember who) did a great Scrooge last year but since I can't remember who - I also can't link you to it (amazing how that works).  But this is my Scrooge using tag punches which I rarely grab (need to work on that).

EDIT:  Thanks to Ruby (who is evidently WAY more organized than I can imagine) - THIS is the link to the "other" Scrooge which was created by Carrie Gaskin.

Here's the details in case you NEED to make this Ebenezer

Hat – 1.25 circle trimmed on each side, modern label on edge of paper so you just get one bump width

Face – small oval

Chin – circle itty bitty punch pack

Nose – wing from two step bird

Eye white – small heart

Eye black – tiny owl or marker

Hair – large oval – cut in like grass

Coat – small tag, tag, ½ small oval for pocket, modern label trimmed for sleeve

Pants – modern label stamped with solid stripes stamp – trim flat at bottom

Shoes – narrow heart to heart cut in half to get 2 shoes

Draw on mouth and cleft in chin

Add ribbon for scarf

What is it with me and old men lately?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are awesome! so is eb

Ruby said...

I think I know the one you mean.. it was from Carrie Gaskin (artistic avenger) she did one on Oct 27 2009. I still think you did a great job of Ebenezer.. I love the Christmas Carol story. Tks for sharing!

Whimcees said...

Hello!

Your Ebenezer is wonderful! I love him! It is always such fun to see your new creations and find a smile every morning! :<) You are one master paper punch artist!

Wishing you a great weekend with your family and hope that all is well with you all.

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

Nancy Johnson said...

This is the best! Thanks for sharing your talent.

CarrieNixon said...

One of my faves!

Anonymous said...

Oh Ellen, Ebenezer is just fantastic!!! You always make me smile. Thank you
Patricia Gessner

slbt17 said...

you are wonderful!
Sandra

Carolyn Gibbs said...

So cool Ellen! You're my punch-art hero!