Monday, September 13, 2010

Don't have a cow, man...

Way way way back in April, Dee Dee requested Bart Simpson and I said "Sure, shouldn't be too hard". 

I'm guessing the Inspiration Fairy doesn't like the The Simpsons, 'cause she would never help me with Dee Dee's request.  I started him several times and put him away in frustration.  Punching should be fun -- so if it makes me want to "have a cow, man", I stop.

But Sunday afternoon, while I watched the Texas Rangers sweep the New York Yankees, he finally fell together.  (Go RANGERS!!!!)

I didn't have a punch large enough for his head (retired Key Tag was a bit too small) so I used a  1 1/8 inch by 1 3/4 inch rectangle, rounded the bottom corners and spiked the hair with the retired small star (you could use scissors)

Owl punch provided his shirt (feet and ears cut off) and his eyes.

Sleeves are small oval

Neck is word window

1 inch circle for his shorts and the legs are a scrap just a little wider than the word window.

Arms and hand are the usual heart to heart, modern label and 1/2 inch circle

Legs are 1.25 circle around the 3/4 circle hole - then cut that ring into the legs

Shoes are bits of 1/2 inch circle and retired slot punch

Nose - smallest heart to heart snipped with scissors

I edged most of him with black marker - (not the shoes because they aren't  "perfect" so I didn't want to draw attention to them)

Cowabunga, dude!

3 comments:

Whimcees said...

Hello!

The Rangers must be another of The Inspiration Fairy's names as he fell together beautifully! Another winner! :<)

Wishing you a good Monday!

Barbara Diane

Stephanie Harbin said...

It looks wonderful!! Great job!

Wanda said...

Oh Ellen, you brought back old memories for me with this sentiment "have a cow". Seems that was going around when I was younger and I had not heard it mentioned in years. Glad to hear it may have been in TX too. LOL