Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Guess HOOOO is Coming for Dinner?

Guess Hoooo is Coming for Dinner?

With all the cute little dressed up owls that are showing up on Stampin' Up blogs - I couldn't resist trying one myself.

This was inspired by the now retired stampset Viola! with the double buttons on the chefs coat.  All I did was lay a small oval on the "breast" and use that edge to draw the slightly curved line (then pitch the oval).  Dot on some buttons.

NOT my idea to add the wings - that is a borrowed idea from Peggy-Sue Stuckky (and I'm sure others). Wings are half a scallop oval punch - cut in half the other direction to get two wings.

Hat is scallop oval trimmed with scissors.

Eyes are the circles from the owl punch but I added a standard hole punch too - and a gel pen highlight.

Moustache is short end of curly label next to short end of curly label hole.

Beak is one of the small circle punches on the corner of a scrap paper.

Ran the owl through the square lattice embossing folder for some texture.

Could easily add some cooking props....

This will wind up on a recipe page I'm sure.

5 comments:

Cherbear said...

How cute! I just LOVE looking at your punch art characters.

Carol L said...

Love this chef owl! I made wings for my owls with the bird punch wings, but these spread wings look even better! Love the muzzy :)

Creations by Patti said...

I can always count on you to brighten my day!!!! Thank You

hugs,
Patti

Carolyn Sharkas said...

another cute one, thanks for sharing him with us,

hugs,

Linda Tarolli said...

Of course you would create such a cute chef owl! Your creations are always wonderful. TFS