Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Diver Dude - Big Foot Part 1

This is a simple little summer guy - the first of what I intend to have as a series of Big Foot characters.  I have several ideas, but this is the first that has made it to completion.


You can make him AS IS (punch list follows) or you could make his body, arms and legs flesh tone and add a little bathing suit for Snorkeler Somebody.

Here's the punch list for Diver Dude:

Head - Wide Oval

Hair - 1.75 Inch Circle, cut in half, snipped in a couple of times for bangs

Eyes - smallest heart of Heart to Heart in white - standard hole punch in black, white gel pen highlight

Mouth - word window offset from word window hole

Body - 3/4 Inch Circle

Hands - Modern Label, repunched on both ends with the circle from the Itty Bitty Punch Pack

Flippers - Large ovals, repunched by inserting just the tips into the Square Scallop

Arms and Legs - rings from punching a circle punch around a smaller circle hole - the bigger the circles you use the less "curve" you will have.  Snip the ring to the size arm/leg you need.

Mask - ring from Large Oval around Small Oval hole

Snorkel - Wide Oval next to a Large Oval hole (not surrounding it - just offset), then I snipped both ends with a small circle so they would look "indented"

I outlined all the "non black" parts with a black marker.

5 comments:

Cape Craft Crazy said...

Oh, he is just the best, Ellen. Can't wait to try him out. Thanks once again for your brilliant ideas. Who needs an inspiration fairy when we have you !!
rgds, Diane
Cape Town

Carol Ric said...

Cute funky diver!

Carolyn Sharkas said...

He is cute, and I have the perfect pictures to go with. I shall have to try and find them. thanks for sharing and hugs,

lifesabeach32940 said...

I'm going to have to plan a snorkeling trip, so I can take the perfect pictures to use him. He is just too cute not to use!! Judy

Amy Watson said...

Oh I love him! Hubby and I just got back from Hawaii and we did a little diving, so this guy will make the perfect addition to my scrapbook! :)