Thursday, July 8, 2010

Inchworm, inchworm, measuring the marigolds...

Inchworm, inchworm,
Measuring the marigolds
Seems to me, you'd stop and see  
How beautiful they are.
(Song brought to you by my weird memory bank and some Hans Christian Anderson thing that I saw in the far distant past - ummmm, I'm guessing 45 years ago.)

That bean shape body is a wide oval next to a wide oval hole
Ring that becomes his arms is a 1 3/8 circle around a 1 inch circle hole
Head is ornament punch - inserted into the 1.25 circle so that the pointy chin does NOT get punched off
Trimmed a little dip into his face on one side with scissors.
Feet are the small Heart to Heart trimmed
Hands are tips of modern label punched with the end of the word window
Eyes are the new circle from itty bitty shapes

This is how he comes together.
Sponge all pieces of wild wasabi with wild wasabi ink - He will not look as good without it
Outline all pieces in black and draw on the details (as in the photo)
The photo (above) shows some shaded and outlined but some not - so you can see that YOU NEED TO DO IT


His "antenna" are drawn on the ruler -
or since I'm not sure worms really have antenna, I left them off on the right.
Ruler actually measures 4 x 1.5 inches and is So Saffron sponged in So Saffron and outlined in black.  Marker details added

This little guy was the prize for the first 5 swaps received in an "Inch and a Pinch" swap I hosted recently.  I think I left the eyebrows off the ones I mailed out so girls - grab a thin black marker and draw on two little lines for eyebrows- he looks better with them on!

6 comments:

Created by Kath said...

I think he is cute. TFS

Sharyn’s Stamp Biz said...

This little guy is absolutely adorable!! I love him!

Patricia Gessner said...

Love him he is sooo cute. Wish my inch and a pinches had arrived sooner. Would love to have an Ellen original. Oh oh am I learning to beg?

kraftykat157 said...

Love it........He is so cute I'm going to try hime

Carolyn Sharkas said...

who would think a worm would be this cute? just makes you smile, lol.

hugs,

Sharon Field / Inky A*Muse-ment said...

So very cute, Ellen!! Just love him!