Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Years are Racing By...

I got a request for Lightening McQueen (from the movie Cars for those of you who might not have little kids) but was not very successful with my attempt (Sorry)

I did wind up with this cute little red car though, so by putting him on a checkered background I hope you get the "race" idea.  This will be a birthday card - because the years "race by"

I made the background by using a Stamping Spot directly to paper.
Added the checked gingham ribbon for his "road"
The sentiment stamp is retired (sorry again)

For the car:
Car top - large oval - trimmed slight slant on each "end" - draw line near top
Card body - wide oval - trimmed flat top and bottom to make it approximately an inch thick, snip in on bottom corners with 3/4 inch circle punch for wheel wells - trace edge of large oval for "hood"
Windshield - part of butterfly punch - snip flat on one "eye"
Color of eyes - blue and black circles from new punch pack
Headlights - slot punch - trimmed to slant
Grill/Mouth - small oval next to small oval hole
Tires - 3/4 inch circle - trimmed flat on each side

3 comments:

Heather said...

I think this looks like Lightning McQueen! My 6 year old who loves anything CARS will love this. Thanks for sharing! Love your punch creations and your site!!

Carolyn Sharkas said...

Oh, he's cute, and you know if you do Lighting McQueen, you gotta do 'Mater. I just love that movie.

Thanks for sharing. sorry I haven't been around lately. I'll make it up to you, I promise.

hugs

Pixie said...

I'm with Carolyn... this is SO cute. I've been wanting to do this lil guy. TFS. I LOVE Mater, so will try to adapt your technique.