Saturday, April 3, 2010

Skinny Kitty

This is to fill a request for Trina Caraway - her favorite, the Pink Panther. 

I like this one but I don't LOVE him because...

First, SU doesn't have the exact shade of pink that I would like to have used. 

And second, as with all well known characters, this isn't exactly the 'look' - punches aren't THAT flexible. 

But if you need a card for a Pink Panther Fan this ought to get you started.

Head - Large oval - flattened top and bottom
Ears - small heart to heart "bumps" trimmed off
Eye - half 1/2 inch circle yellow - 1/2 inch circle pink (cut in half to get two eyes)
Eyebrows - slot punch on edge of paper to get it thin
Muzzle - three 1/2 inch circles
Nose - word window on corner of paper
Neck - my way arrow
Body - 3 word window - 1 light pink- 2 darker pink
Long leg - narrow strip from trimmer
Bent leg - square punch offset from square punch hole
Feet - small ovals - one against edge of paper, one offset from small oval hole
arms - ring from large oval around small oval hole
hands - tips of word window trimmed with point of star punch
tail - rings from large oval around small oval hole (meet behind the leg)
black marker eye - white gel pen freckles, ear marking
You should add whiskers with black pen - I didn't since I don't have him on a project yet.

I think he would look fabulous as a black panther too - maybe if some school has panthers as their mascot?

Happy Easter to those who celebrate it.

Happy opportunity to buy 1/2 price chocolate bunnies to all of us on Monday!

13 comments:

Kelli said...

omword, this is awesome! I dont know what you are seeing, but I think its amazingly close to the actual character. I googled a picture of him in that same pose and yours is dead on. :)

Stef H said...

holy moly! this is fabulous!!!! and that color is awesome!

Anonymous said...

every day when i see you page you make me smile, and always i say the same
i can believe..... you are the best
hugs
maria

michelle sturgeon said...

I agree with Kelli...this seems dead on to me! You are awesome!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Ellen! Thank you, Thank You, Thank you!!!!! He's so totally AWESOME!

Migdalia said...

Wow! You did it again! Awesome!I love visiting your blog!

Lisa said...

Wow! That's just awesome!

Conni said...

I think this guy is awesome. Thank you so much for sharing him!

RedGem said...

Wow, that is so great, the color is perfect and the pose is one I recognize from the Clouseau movies. You're great and yes did it again!

Carolyn Sharkas said...

Hey, this is an awesome Pink Panther, and yes, he would make a good black panther, or even a Durant Cougar, for those scrapbooks I am several years behind on. Have a wonderful Easter, and eat a piece of dark chocolate for me, cuz I can't have any :(

hugs,

Sandra Roberts (Sarnie) said...

You are so tallented. Many thanks for sharing with us all and listing materials.

Whimcees said...

I love this guy! Clever! Hope that you had a nice Easter weekend!

Wishing you a good day today!

Barbara Diane

Sharon Clarke said...

Have I told you lately how amazing you are? OMG! You blow me away everyday!