Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Haute Holstein

OK, someone asked me for a cow but I can't find the email - maybe it was in a comment.  I'm thinking this isn't exactly what they had in mind but this is what the Inspiration Fairy did.

Well, it was the Inspiration Fairy AND Eileen the glitter guru....

I handed Eileen the cow to get a little shine on the black hoofs and the little spotted beast came back with shiny feet AND fake eyelashes.  So then I had to add the jewelry.  You can "un-glam" her if you need a basic cow.  But I think she is just FAB like this!

sorry for the blur - I guess I need practice with my camera for close-ups

Body - 2.25 x 1.5 rectangle rounded by sticking in large circle punch
Legs - Snowflake trimmed – black marker on hoofs
Tail – ring from large oval around small HOLE – small heart to heart snipped like grass
Head – designer label punched at top with 1 inch circle
Ears - ¾ circle repunched
Nose – small oval
Nostrils – word window re-punched
Mouth – piece of large oval
Eyes – piece of word window cut at slant – word window for white part too (these are pre-lash directions)

9 comments:

boliver said...

She's very cute!

Kriss said...

Love the new look of your blog!

Stef H said...

i love it! prettiest cow i've ever seen!

Whimcees said...

Hello!

Love your new look and your new logo! :<)

Barbara Diane

Whimcees said...

I like "Sweet Ellen" because I think that is the true Ellen :<) but maybe "Crafty Girl" ('crafty' as in skillful, clever, sly, cunning)might be more to your liking? :<)

I know that you will find a great name, in the meantime I am wishing you a great day today!

Barbara Diane

Jenn said...

Love, love the cow! I grew up on a dairy farm so this would be so fun to re-create for soemthing for my parents :)

Carey said...

Ok I usually laugh when I see what you have done but this one had me on the floor rolling with Roscoe and in Roscoe fur laughing. Most of my SIL's are dairy farmers and will appreciate this. I am a proud follower of you.

Carey
aka Roscoe's mommy

Carolyn Sharkas said...

Oh, dear heavens, she is flippin' hilarious! Thanks for the laugh....and the adorable cow.

hugs,

Anonymous said...

Your blog was one of the first I checked out on my return home after holidays. I was so excited to see what I found. I'm the one that asked you for a cow and I absolutely love her. Thank you so much. What an inspiration you are! Love, love, love all you do... LindaAv