Sunday, March 14, 2010

Daffy

OK, he isn't as tiny and cute as Tweety but while I was on a Looney Tunes theme...

I have no clue how you would use him - maybe if you know a duck hunter?
I took several photos to show the "how to"
Eyes
two large ovals in black
two large ovals in white
two piece of black oval (see photo)
adhere the black "pieces" over the whites
top of head - wide oval
add while lines at top of eyelids with gel pen (see final duck photo)
trim 1/2 circles to small oval shape (they aren't trimmed yet in the above photo)

Beak: 

  • start with 2 3/4 square

  • cut in half diagonally
  • round bottom corners by sticking as far as it will go into the hole of the 1/2 inch circle
  • snip twice with small oval at top
  • cut by hand on the bottom to give slight curve
  • outline edges in black,add curved line and two nostrils

Bottom of beak  - full heart  
Inside of beak - full heart (trimmed straight on each side)
Side of beak - large ovals
Neck - modern label
Top feathers (see finished photo) curves from punching oval close to oval hole (3X)

In Assembly:
And again - the finished Duck
Isn't he just "desthpicable"?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Ellen- I am loving all your "Looney" creations =))))

CarrieNixon said...

I hope you know that this is a major "gift" you have. Ihaven't seen this type of talent anywhere on the internet!

Patricia Gessner said...

Love it!!!!
Patricia

Vicki said...

Oh, Ellen, he is fantastic!! I love the Looney Tunes series you have done! You always amaze and inspire me! Now, if I could just get some more punches!! Blessings to you!!

Whimcees said...

This is so funny! I love him! You are something else Ms. Ellen!

Barbara Diane

Sharon Field / Inky A*Muse-ment said...

Love him, Ellen,.,. too cute!

Carolyn Sharkas said...

Daffy looks MAD! LOL. Gosh, you always amaze me with this stuff. I need to come take a class.

hugs,

Mary Director said...

LOVE IT!!!!