Thursday, January 28, 2010

Back in the Scrappin' Saddle

Warning - No Punch Art this post.

I want to get back to my scrapbooking ways because
1) I think telling my "stories" is important
2) I have a gazillion photos in boxes and on the computer
3) I enjoy it


But I usually have to do a few layouts before I get my groove back.  This was my first page back and I like it but I don't love it.  That is OK because if I had to LOVE every page - well, that would be too much pressure and I'd stop enjoying the whole process.  And I like it In Real Life much better than I like this picture of it - I guess I need to work on taking photos of layouts.

I joined an online group that has monthly challenges and this was for the Recipe Challenge for January.  BRRRR - which meant it had to have
B - Blue
R - Rounded corners
R - Rhinestones
R - Rub-ons
R - Rick Rack

And it had to have lots of white space  (Empty area, not necessarily white)

I am so not a rhinestone girl.  And I had no rick rack in the colors I wanted to use - so I made some from paper and the scallop border PUNCH (of course).  My rub-ons match the One of a Kind stamp set but they are retired (Urban West).  Buttons and Rhinestones from my stash.

I love this photo of college girl but it has no specific story associated with it so I thought it would be good for a layout without journaling.

And after using the rhinestones I decided I like them and will use them more in the future - and that is the purpose of challenges - to stretch yourself and grow a little in your craft.

Check out this Challenge Group if you are a scrapbooker and interested in playing along.

6 comments:

CORSAI57 said...

Beautiful girl and layout thank you for sharing.

Veronica said...

I like your layout, too. And that was a good challenge. Thanks for the link.

Gaby said...

Hi Ellen,

I really like your layout. What I love about those "empty" pages, is that you actually really focus on the picture.

Maybe you get me started again, too. I have lots of pictures from hubbies last trip to New Zealand.

Keep posting, so I'll get some great inspiration. *wink*

CarrieNixon said...

"College Girl" is gorgeous!

I have NEVER followed a sketch... not on a card, or a scrapbook page. I think that is my problem... I'd do a lot more if I had something to follow... I do much better as a copy cat. :)

Carolyn Sharkas said...

This is a great picture of college girl, lol. And I love the layout. I signed up at the site, and on the BOM group so I could get started on that. I think the challenges will work.

Hugs,

Sharon Field / Inky A*Muse-ment said...

Beautiful DD.. all grown up! Love your page and challenge interpretation Ellen!