Sunday, December 27, 2009

More White Beards

Did you miss me?

Did you have a good holiday?

We had snow all day Christmas Eve! (This is North Texas - and this is my first white Christmas EVER!)


College girl in the snow

We had good food and good times with family - and that makes a successful holiday in my book.  Not everything went perfectly - the drive to my parents house was a bit harrowing but hubby drove us safely down the slick roads and around all the accidents (Many Texans don't know how to drive on snow or ice) and I couldn't find a crucial family recipe but it all turned out well in the end.

I haven't spent much time at my desk but I did get in a little time.  It appears that even with all those Santas I punched, I didn't get my fill of men in hats and white beards...




Way back when I was first starting the "pointy chin men" my upline, Jenifer, commented something like "what's next? the seven dwarfs?"  I said I wasn't going to make them, but I did.  She planted that little idea seed and it finally took root.

I'll tell you how I made them when I figure out how I'm going to use them... 

Sneezy on a get well card will probably come first. 

Can you remember all the names?




16 comments:

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

Oh, these are just too cute.

Carey said...

The seven dwarves names are Dopey, Grumpy, Doc, Happy, Bashful, Sneezy, and Sleepy. Did I win something, did I win something (does this sound familiar Miss Ellen?) I just love Google. The dwarves you made are just darling.

Different cards you can make- How about hope you get out of your funky mood for Grumpy? Happy- This is what you make me when I am around you. Sneezy- again use hope you feel better soon. I'll let someone else do the others.

BTW College girl is just gorgeous. Hope you are having a fantastic holiday. Roscoe didn't eat any of the wrapping paper so maybe there is hope for him with the swaps.

Carey
aka Roscoe's mommy
pedstamper at sbc global dot net

Veronica said...

Love the dwarves! Glad you had a good holiday - we did, too. Oh, and Carey's right about College Girl - your daughters are gorgeous! Does she win a prize??? ; )

Ellen Kemper said...

Yes definitely, Carey gets a prize.

Ha, everyone that put up with me that night in the chat room should get a prize... (they won't, but they SHOULD)

mary p said...

TOOOOO CUTE !!!!!! love them!

Kim said...

Awesome idea! Even I didn't think of that.

Kim Score
www.paperpunchaddiction.blogspot.com

Carol said...

These are fantastic, can't wait to find out how you make them and for which cards. Bashful could be don't be shy take a bow etc. Love the photo and glad you had a nice christmas.

Becky said...

Oh my goodness!!! That's all I can say!!! Yes, I did miss you. LOL!! So cool.
Becky

Kriss said...

Love the dwarfs! I love all of the punches you do. I done a punch class and the ladies loved it and wanted more:) Thanks for haring you talent with me!

Linda Callahan said...

Santas, elves, dwarfs......I see a lot of men in your future......smurfs?? You are incredible - can't wait to see these guys on a card!

Debby said...

Oh I love the 7 dwarfs. I can name them all I have made some paper piecing ones once and gave them all away like a dummy and never kept a set for myself.
They are Dopey, Sneezy, Doc, Bashful (I think he is my favorite) Grumpy, Happy and last but not least Sleepy which I should be doing is sleeping. Awesome job, I have to try these for my pages.
Angel hugs
Debby

Rebecca said...

Welcome back. You needed a break to spend time with your family. Really, snow in Texas. I loved all 7 drawfs. I tried to figure how to do with the hats, Grumpy's nose (That's my son's favorite), and eyeglasses. I hope you give us which punch to use beside scallop oval and circle punches.

Loni said...

U are sooooo talented!!!! Hugs!!

Whimcees said...

I love how you have made these little guys! This is my all time favorite story/movie.

Since working the 2 1/2 months to make my Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs dolls I will never forget all their names! :<) Doc, Dopey, Happy, Sneezy, Grumpy, Bashful and Sleepy will live in my memory forever! Your dwarf punch characters are exceptional! I will make them I know! Now, where is Snow White? :<) THe Fantasia movie has many wonderful characters! :<)

Barbara Diane

Carolyn Sharkas said...

OMG!!! I can't believe I missed you starting to post again! I just posted today for the first time since Christmas, I have been a busy lady with all the cleaning, etc. I love the dwarfs! too funny, and you did such a great job on them. You are amazing, my friend, that's all I can say.

Hugs,

Carolyn Sharkas said...

Ah, forgot to mention that College Girl looks like she is having a great time in the snow. Isn't it amazing? None for us here in FL, but we can always hope.

hugs,