Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Santa Series Number 3 - Traditional Santa Top and Bottom



This tag is from the exclusive Two Tags die that Stampin' Up! has for the Big Shot.  I took the head from yesterday's hat-less rolly poly Santa and gave him his hat back.  The "to" and "from" go on the back of the tag.  Pretty traditional so I felt I had to do something else...

Here is the bottom end of a traditional Santa...


And the masonry work on this chimney is just about as professional as I would be able to do with real brick.  It is amazing how many mistakes you see on your work when you photograph it - you see things you would never see looking at the real project.  (Maybe I should photograph EVERYTHING before I call it "done") Crystal Effects on the boots so you can see them on the black paper.




I was inspired to make this layout because of Sharon Field's post the other day about Santa's magic key.  She has a great idea about the key winding up as an ornament on the tree and her post reminded me that "Santa has a magic key" was what my parent's told us when we were children and had no chimney.  Thanks Sharon for giving me the key to unlock that memory. I can actually remember the sense of relief I felt when I heard that explanation.



The key is a Sizzix die that I have had for ages but I'm showing the close up hoping you can see the texture on the black paper (try clicking on the photo to see it better) - this one of SU's texture plates - they add just that little extra finishing touch to your cards and layouts.  If you have a Big Shot you need to try some texture plates.

7 comments:

CarrieNixon said...

WOW. This is one of my favorite punch people you have created!!! And I REALLY liked the elf, and Jay, and Conan, and all the others for that matter. I love it. This is my favorite blog ever.

Gaby said...

This santa is sooo cool. I think I like the 'scalloped beard' better, than the version from santa #1.

And your layout is amazing. I really love it.

Carey said...

I don't always comment on your website but I am looking at all your postings. You are so talented girl. Thanks for sharing.

Carey
aka Roscoe's mommy

Carolyn Sharkas said...

I LOVE the Santa bottom sticking out of the chimney!!! Too funny! Great page, and Santa top, too. This little key is cool, don't you just love the embossing plates? I haven't used any in my pages yet, hadn't even thought about it. Thanks for sharing all these awesome idea.

Kelly said...

Congratulations! I just wanted you to know that your project will appear on the Yahoo Group Late Night Stamper’s blog finds of the day for Nov. 20. Want to receive your own copy of the blog finds of the day? Join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stampinuplnstampers/

lifesabeach32940 said...

What a GREAT layout, Ellen, and I love your story about the key!! Thank you for the ongoing inspiration!!

Sharon Field / Inky A*Muse-ment said...

You're welcome Ellen for the key memory.... I was just sharing your blog with a downline and came across this post!!! Great job as usual!