Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Santa Series Number 2 - Rolly Poly Santa

I used to collect Santa figures but quickly accumulated too many, so I had to limit myself.  I began collecting what I call Bald Headed Santas, although they should probably be called "Hat-less" Santas.  They are much harder to find.

(Now you know how all those critters posted last week got hats  - because several of this week's Santas didn't need them.)

This is one of the simplest Santas I'll be showing you - but how can you have those nice round sweet treat cups and not make a Santa belly with them?  This is Santa at home - no coat, no hat (no legs or feet for that matter!)




This is the only red candy I had on hand - Red M&Ms would be my choice but then if I had red M&Ms in the house, I'd eat them all and I still wouldn't have any for the photo.

You can look back at some of the pointy chin men if you need help figuring out this Santa's face or arms.

REMINDER:  The ornament punch is from the holiday mini catalog - available for a limited time only.  BUY IT SOON!  I have about two dozen posts on this blog using that punch and only ONE is using it as an ornament.  If you are a punch art addict, you need it - you really do!  Call your demo soon and order it!!!!

9 comments:

CarrieNixon said...

I LOVE this guy! Very seldom do we see Santa at home in his "comfys", or as I like to say, "my turkey pants".

Ellen, what do you use as an adhesive for the small parts, like his cuffs, or eyebrows?

I'm a brand spankin' new SU demo, and love your blog. Thanks so much for sharing it.

Ellen Kemper said...

Turkey pants! I love it!!!!

On the really small stuff like the eyebrows I use glue pen.

And my best friend on small stuff is the adhesive remover that SU sells - that fully bumpy lumpy thing - it works great.

So if glue sneaks out behind a "part" I just erase it with the adhesive remover!

If something is big enough for me to use a mini glue dot I use that - I LOVE MINI GLUE DOTS and go through them like water.

If anyone wants to gift this blogger for the holidays - send mini glue dots! (Not you Honey - if you give me glue dots you are in big trouble)

Robbe said...

Thanks for showing this little guy...I have all these sweet treats cups and haven't used them yet. (I didn't buy the stamp set that goes with them)
Now I have a use for them..YIPPEE! :o)

Whimcees said...

This is a wonderful Santa! I love him and will have to make some today! I had just ordered the ornament punch yesterday - due to seeing all the great paper punch characters made using that punch! Love this guy! Thank you!

Barbara Diane

Carolyn Sharkas said...

OMG! You are such an enabler. I am all caught up on the punches you have talked me into buying, I think the only two I am missing is the Flower Trio and the My Way punch. Do Not! find uses for those, lol. But come Jan. I guess I will be buying some new ones. Thanks for this great Santa in his "turkey" pants.

Hugs,

Ellen Kemper said...

Sorry Dano - Santa's hands posting the day after tomorrow are the Flower Trio! Come on now, just go ahead and order it!

I'll try to stay away from the My Way Punch - although I have used it as the stinger on a bee and that flies like a bird and you love birds...

Cynthia said...

You are so wonderful. I just love all your ideas. Making your Santas will be top on my list.
Just when I think it is safe I see another punch I don't have.
Thanks so much for sharing.

Kelly said...

Congratulations! I just wanted you to know that your project will appear on the Yahoo Group Late Night Stamper’s blog finds of the day for Nov. 19. Want to receive your own copy of the blog finds of the day? Join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stampinuplnstampers/

Creations by Patti said...

Hello Ellen, (famous punch Queen!) - love the Santa in the Chimney. It made my day. I am having such a bad week with my lost camera and having to try to figure out how to use my old one again - NOW I don't even remember how to download using this old antique - sigh...........so I enjoy your creations which gives me such warmth to see!!!! Thanks for inspiring us all!!! Hugs, P