Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Recipe Swap Part 2


Measuring Spoons from Punches!  Don't you love it?

I was weeding through some old embellishments and saw something I had bought years ago with tiny tiny little paper measuring spoons on a ring.  Ah ha! - perfect for the recipe card swap.  So I pulled out my variety of SU circle punches and the first punch I bought from Stampin' Up! (word window) and got busy.


I just love these spoons - but I'm never sure what is going to "float y'alls boat", so I took photos as I made the spoons for the swap but the directions are not written yet.  If you need/want a tutorial, leave comments letting me know and I'll type it up and post it tomorrow. 

The paper decision was easy after I created my basic gray spoons.  I grabbed my Nouveau Chic designer series and picked out a couple of pages.  (Of course, measuring spoons come in all colors so get wild and crazy if you copy this idea)

The accent piece had some apricot on it - but not on every inch - since some of the strips I cut were very "gray" I randomly sponged on some Apricot Appeal and Sage Shadow ink. 

The recipe itself is printed on vanilla.  The ribbon is sage shadow grosgrain and the black photo corners (from the punch) were paper pierced. **** Tip - I couldn't see to pierce the holes with the black paper on the dark piercing pad so I just grabbed a sheet of copy paper to put under my photo corner.  Much easier for old eyes to see! ****

6 comments:

Robbe VK said...

Good Mornin' Ellen,
The spoons are terrific! My daughter is taking the Culinary Arts course in college and has oodles of photos for me to scrap...the spoons are perfect. hmm I am going to have to convince you that you need to produce a bunch of paper punch kitchen gadgets......LOL
I would love the instructions for your wee spoons.
Have a grand day....and again thanks for showing all of us your talent!

Ellen Kemper said...

Oh Robbe - You are going to love the other swap ideas I got last night. I will post photos in a couple of days - There were only 4 of us at the meeting but everyone did an awesome job and all would be perfect for your daughter's photos.

Carolyn Sharkas said...

Well, that's something I never thought about making with punches! I love them though, and love recipe pages to put in that handy dandy hanging holder you sent me, so I would love to try making these, or to
put on some of the scrapbook pages
from when the kids were young and actually liked to help in the kitchen. Such a great idea. Leave it to you to think of it.

Hugs,

Robbe said...

OOOOOOOOOhhhh Awesome Ellen. I can't wait to see them.

Linda Callahan said...

You are amazing - these spoons are terrific!

Bandon, Oregon said...

Wait... I NEED the recipe for the cookies!!!! They sound wonderful, but I can't read it all... Would you pass it along?? I just love your blog. Thanks for sharing...
Faith