Sunday, November 15, 2009

Filling Critter Requests part 2


First, Kathy Croley recently asked me for a horse but she had to wait a bit since the photo was on the laptop.

This card is from a couple of years ago when I was trying to copy a stamped image I saw.  Sorry, the name of the stampset and its manufacturer have long since disappeared from my brain.  Some of this paper and one of the background stamps are retired but you can still get the horse idea from it.  Designer label punch for the head and the ears are from the star punch.  The tail is freehand.  The feet are part of an oval punch.

No, I'm not going to put a Santa hat on the horse (but only because I don't have it any more.)

Second, Gloria asked me for a punched pig.  I thought I had a card with the tail end of a pig showing like the horse shown above BUT couldn't find it (maybe I just meant to do a pig back then).  Anyway, I whipped out my punches and assembled a new front facing one. 



I used a 2 1/2 inch circle (circle scissor plus) for the body but you can take this pig and make him from just SU circle punches - he will just have to be a bit smaller.  Ears are 5 petal flower - feet are modern label trimmed to two bumps. I think the rest is obvious except maybe the tail.  Just punch a 3/4 circle, toss the circle keep the hole. Punch a 1 inch circle around the hole to get a "ring" - trim your ring to form your curled tail.

You know I just have to do it, don't you?

3 comments:

Becky said...

Ilove the horse!! Really cute. The pigs are cool also.

Becky

Robbe said...

Wooo hoo I'm making a Chrismas pig card for my neice who loves piggies! Thanks Ellen. Love the horse too btw. :)

Carolyn Sharkas said...

I happen to be the proud recipient of one of these horse cards, and I still show it to everyone, lol. He is adorable and so is the pig. Love the Santa hat on him, too. lol.

Thanks for all you do, my friend.

Hugs,