Sunday, October 18, 2009

Chins part 4 - Man in Green and Red

I'm back for yet another take on the "chin men".   Green but not a Leprechaun - it's an Elf.


You can go back to the earlier "chins" posts if you need to be refreshed on the basic "how-to" for these pointy chin men.  He is very similar to the Pilgrim but there are some differences besides color choices.

What is different about the elf? 

His ears - not really pointed but heading that way with the heart to heart punch. (you could use part of the 5 petal punch and get POINTED ears - I didn't think about it until after I was done)
His shoes - 1/2 a butterfly punch then I punched the 1/2 circle punch into it so the toe would looked like it was curled up.
His collar was done with a section of the scallop circle
His hat edge is the border scallop - then I stuck that in the word window
His BIG hat is free hand (obviously) - you can make it much smaller - whatever fits your project
His hat fluffy is Boho Blossoms - all three of them stacked

Wouldn't he be cute with stripes on his socks?  Or you could texture that big old hat with some of the texture plates - I can think of lots of ways to "improve" him but I'm not going to try them until I make him again for an actual project - these chin men I've been showing are just mock-ups to get the basic design down.
I hope you are finding ideas that you can use during these days of "Chin Men".

4 comments:

becky said...

OH My Goodness!! I love him! Man you are great!! Do you think you could do a frankenstein! You are just so darn creative!

Becky

Carolyn Sharkas said...

I think he is my favorite, but it's really hard to
pick. He is adorable. And perfect for a scrapbook page, too. Love the big hat, kinda like he wants to be bigger, lol. Thanks for sharing.

Oh, and I found a package on my desk a couple of
minutes ago, so I am gonna go open it and see what goodies you sent. It's just like Christmas!

Hugs,

elaine said...

Ellen, I've been watching your blog the last week or so and am totally loving your little guys. They are so adorable and you are incredibly talented! I can only imagine that a Santa is brewing in your head along with this cute little elf.
I even have your blog link at the top of my tool bar, not hiding in my favorites where I might forget it! Thanks for sharing your talent.

Anonymous said...

Those are awesome, thanks so much for sharing! I suspect that bookworm will be showing up in my son's first grade classroom soon.
Michelle