Monday, September 14, 2009

Mr. Bones

Look what I made!  Isn’t he just the cutest spookiest? I got the inspiration from a rub-on on a card by Maren Benedict in the September/October 2009 issue of Papercrafts magazine (pg 40).  My Mr. Bones is rather large for a card – although I’m thinking he might fit in one of those long business envelopes (don’t make me think of the number for the size). Or, if you just have to put him on a standard size card, you could just make HALF a skeleton (pick the top half – in most cases it will be more effective)



I think you can tell how to make him - all SU punches, a standard hole punch and thin strips from your paper trimmer.  There are only a few "sneaky parts".  His head is the designer label punch with one end cut off.  (If you round it off, it will still look like a skull even if you don't add the hat.)  The hat is similar to the one for the crow (see Sept 5th post )  the difference is a rectangle instead of circle punch for top of hat and have the hat band wrap around the top of the hat - instead of just leaving the small oval like I did on the crow.  His nose is the tip end of a slot punch. The "Elvis Pelvis" is the fatter heart in the Heart to Heart punch with a notch punched in for both hip joints. That same punch is used for the feet - I just snipped off one side of the heart. Hands and feet were the hardest part to come up with on old Mr. Bones, if you have better ideas please share.



This gift bag is my first skeleton project but, of course, not my last.


Besides the obvious Halloween theme…

If I took up tap dancing I could have him on the page, right? (Not going to happen.)

If I break a bone, I can tear one of his bones at the appropriate place… (Let’s hope that doesn’t happen!)

How about a BOM layout “Make No Bones About It” and discuss the adages that I hold to be absolutely true? (Might work...)


I have some pictures from my New Orleans trip I could use - this guy kinda has a Mardi Gras feel doesn't he? - I might have to change his flower to purple or green... hmm...

How about when I reach my goal weight? I can do a layout about being “just skin and bones!”



Now I'm just sitting here dreaming that I can create that layout in the "not too distant" future - better get up off my "you know what" and go to the gym.

4 comments:

Pat Huntoon said...

That is just FABulous!

Carolyn Sharkas said...

He is certainly an adorable little guy! I would never have thought to even attempt this one, so glad you did, though. Great gift bag, too.

Jamie said...

What a great card. My daughter is an xray tech and this is perfect for her! Thanks for sharing.

ArtisticInkspirations said...

How funny..!! How in the world do you come up with these!! Too cool!! Connie in NM