Saturday, September 12, 2009

Copy Cat


It is easy to get lost in holiday themes in September; crafters have to prepare ahead of time for the season if we are going to get everything made in time.  It seems like most of the blogs I visit are posting holiday creations and yesterday my own post had Thanksgiving AND Christmas for Pete's Sake! (geez, what part of my tired old brain did I dredge that expression from? And who the heck is Pete?)


I decided I needed to take a quick break from holiday ideas, so I opened my 2009-2010 Stampin' Up! Idea Book and Catalog to do that first part - get an IDEA. My catty fell open to page 141 where I saw pink and black items - NOT a normal color choice for this blogger but PERFECT for a change of pace.

I grabbed some paper - looked at the "Welcome Baby Treat Holder" (Upper right corner, in case you trying to verify the truth of my writing) and PRESTO CHANGO came up with this card in nothing flat. It is simple when you are a copycat!

If the ribbon looks a little weird in the photo, it is because the cat part is actually a tag and is tied on to the card with the ribbon and not adhered. Gonna be the purr-fect card for someone I know.

6 comments:

rebecca said...

I love your punch creations....incredible. thanks so much for sharing....

Anonymous said...

OMG It's pink! ;)
Veronica

Carolyn Sharkas said...

awwww, what a cute little puddy tat. thanks for sharing, my friend, and did you notice this card has no chocolate chip in it?

Judy said...

Oh, he is SO CUTE! I'm going to definitely be a copy cat too ... and give him a try!! :)

Loni said...

love it, i love kitties!

Anonymous said...

I just discovered your blog today and I just can't tell you how much inspiration you have given me!! Thanks, and I cannot wait for more!
Lela