Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Just Sparkle!

I did it!  I did it!  I got my desk "sparkling" clean.  I confess about midnight I resorted to my no fail cleaning method, which was to take that last stack of stuff that I didn't know what to do with and put it in a box and put the box in the spare bedroom.  Surely you have done that too, right?  Shhhhhhh.... don't tell my hubby and I won't tell yours.

However my desk was in SHOCK and just cried out to me to cover it with something.  And I had new rubber that NEEDED to be inked, so being the team player that I am, I made just a tiny, one project mess that will disappear in just minutes.  And this is what I made------------->>
I've got to get some better lighting for taking photos for this blog because she is much more vibrant in real life and has sparkles that I don't think you can see.  This is a stamp I just bought from stampingbella.com.  I colored her with copics, which I am still learning to use.  I have made progress and I'm pretty proud of the shading I got on her scarf.
This will go to my dear friend Liz, a real sweetie that I was lucky enough to eat lunch with today.  Ha, we have known each other for 16 years, ate dozens and dozens of lunches together, attended a zillion meetings and enjoyed countless adult beverages together and yet it wasn't until we shopped a bit after lunch that I found out she has a real attraction for "shiny" things.  Who knew?  Obviously not me.  But now I do and so she will get this sparkling card.  I think I'll even add a little more bling - her shoes are looking a little blah, don'tcha think?

1 comment:

Carolyn Sharkas said...

what a cutie, I love her. Your friend will love her, too.